ixia’s understanding of good practice is based on a set of key principles relating to the process of commissioning artists. It supports work done by other national agencies undertaking advocacy and development of professional practice for artists.
Pointers to good practice:
- Clarity of intention on behalf of commissioners;
- Appointment of artists at the inception of development projects;
- Commitment to the project on behalf of all parties;
- Adequate resources allocated at the outset;
- Adequate rates of pay and contracts for artists;
- Understanding of the agendas and systems that drive and deliver public art commissions.